Try this delicious Red Lentil Ginger and Sweet Potato Soup – if you are trying to eat healthy you should give this soup a try, not only it will leave you feeling full longer it is full of nutrients with a healthy dose of protein.
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 sweet potato cut in cubes
- 1 tbs of minced fresh ginger
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tsp of tumeric
- 6 cups of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add diced onion, garlic and ginger in a pot
- Saute with with a little bit of water for 2-3 min you could use a little bit of olive oil if you wish.
- Cut sweet potato in cubes, wash lentils and add them to pot
- Add tumeric, salt and pepper mix well keep cooking for about 3 min
- Add water and bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 25-30 min
- Serve with a tbs of greek yogurt (optional)
This Red Lentil Ginger and Sweet Potato Soup is also great for those trying an anti imflamatory diet. Ginger is a great addition to this nutrient dense soup as it will aid with your digestion.