Chicken with white beans in a jalapeño sauce
Chicken with white beans in a jalapeño sauce. Healthy dinner choice!!!
Author: Healthy Nutritious
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1- ½ cups of dry white beans
- 5 jalapeño peppers
- 1 cooking onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp of oregano
- 2 - 3 tbs olive oil
- 6 chicken thighs
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 lime
- Cilantro for garnish
- Place beans in a pot with 6 cups of water. Bring to boil for 2 min and leave it aside for about 1 hour - after an hour has passed drain the water and add 5 cups of fresh cold water and cook beans until done; about 45min to and hour.
- Toss peppers, onion cut into quarter and garlic with 1tbs of olive oil and place it in a baking dish and put it under the broiler for about 10-15 min rotating once until the skin of peppers are charred. Remove peppers place in a bowl and cover.
- Meanwhile season chicken with salt and pepper. Brown chicken in a large saucepan with the remaining olive oil. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Remove seeds and skin from peppers as well as the garlic. Place pepper, garlic, onion, cumin, coriander, oregano and 1tsp of salt add to blender and pulse until coarse. ( you can use some water from the beans to make it easy to blend.
- Place pepper mixture into saucepan and cook mixture for about 3 min then add beans, salt and pepper to taste and mix well. Return chicken to pan and cook for about 20 min .
- Serve with a squeeze of lime and garnish with cilantro.