Teff Oatmeal Pancakes
Teff Oatmeal Pancakes - if you haven't tried TEFF this recipe is a great way to introduce Teff into your diet. Teff is the smallest grain in the world and is a food staple in Ethiopia. Teff is gluten-free, high in iron and super tasty, teff is Hollywood's new superfood.
Author: Healthy Nutritious
Recipe type: Breakfast
- ⅓ cup teff
- 1 cup oats
- ¼ cup flax seed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup of almond milk (or 1 cup of water)
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 1 tbs melted coconut oil
- 1 tbs honey
- In a blender combine oats, flax seeds and teff and pulse until it forms the consistency of flour. No worries if it is not completely smooth.
- Return flour into a large bowl add salt, baking powder and mix well.
- Add banana, almond milk, coconut oil and honey and mix well.
- Heat a griddle or a pan and coat it with a little coconut oil. If you find your mixture a little too thick add more water or almond milk to your desire consistency.
- Cook each pancake for about 1½ min each side over medium heat.
- Serve with fresh fruit!!