Today I was going to make my go to Butternut Squash soup (see recipe here) when I found out that my sweet potatoes were not holding together 🙁 I was determined that sweet potatoes were not going to stop me, so I decided to make a Roasted Butternut Squash Soup instead and boy am I glad I did.
This Roasted Butternut Squash soup turn out really satisfying not only the roasting of the vegetables enhance the flavors this soup is smooth silky and hearty. I decided to top it up with some toasted almonds for some protein bust.
Here is the process:
- 8 Cups of butternut squash cut into 1" cubes
- 1 Medium Onion
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 2tbs of olive oil
- 1 spring of fresh thyme
- ¼ tsp of dry sage
- 5-6 Cups of vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a baking pan place butternut squash, onions and garlic. Sprinkle with 1tbs of olive oil
- place in the oven at 400F for about 1 hour
- In a sacepan place 1tbs of olive oil, fresh thyme add roasted vegetable, vegetable stock, sage, salt and pepper to taste. Bring to boil and simmer for about 10min.
- Blend all ingredient.
Give it a try and let me know in the comments below how it turn out.