Almond Crusted Chicken Fingers
Almond Crusted Chicken Fingers gluten free chicken fingers great for kids lunch.
Author: Healthy Nutritious
Recipe type: Lunch, Dinner
- 1 pound chicken breast
- ½ cup almonds whole or sliced
- ¼ cup rice flour ( Quinoa flour should be ok too)
- 2 tbs of paprika
- 1 tsp oregano (dry)
- 1 tsp parsley (dry)
- dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs flax seeds
- 1 egg
- Pre-heal oven 375 degress
- Cut chicken in strips
- In a blender or food processor add almosds,flour, paprika, oregano, parsley, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and pulse well until it becomes like a coarse flour
- Pour almond mixture into a large ziploc bag and add a tbs of flax seeds
- In a medium bowl whisk egg then coat chicken with egg mixture
- Remove chicken from egg mixture and place then in the almond mixture bag shake well
- you might want to do this in batches
- Place them on a parchment paper lined baking dish and bake for 20 minutes turning once
- Serve with fresh vegetables or a salad.. Enjoy!!
You might want to brush or spray them with a little olive oil in the last couple of minutes to get the nice dark colour.