Kaniwa Six Bean Medley Salad
Kaniwa Six Bean Medley Salad - Enjoy this delicious salad made with Kaniwa a.k.a. baby Quinoa. Kaniwa has a higher protein content than Quinoa perfect for a vegan/vegetarian diet.
Author: Healthy Nutritious
Recipe type: Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1½ cups cooked Kaniwa
- 1 19oz can of six bean medley ( red or white bean alone will work well)
- 1 cup corn kernels (cooked)
- 1 cup of peas (cooked)
- ¼ cup spanish onion minced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tbs lemon juice ( about ½ lemon)
- ¼ tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking Kaniwa is the same process as cooking quinoa, 1 cup kaniwa 2 cups of water. Bring to boil then simmer for 15mins uncovered
- If using frozen peas and corn then boil two cups of water and add peas and corn to pot and cook for a couple of minutes drain water and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine Kaniwa, beans, corn, peas, garlic, onions, jalapenos, cilantro and mix well.
- In another bowl combine oil, lemon, cumin powder, salt and pepper and whisk well.
- Add dressing to salad mix well and enjoy!!