Organic Turkey Soup
A Healthy Nutritious and delicious soup. Great to keep those nasty colds at bay. It is recommended to use organic vegetables but any vegetable is better than none.
Author: Healthy Nutritious
- Left over turkey
- 6-8 cups of water
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium carrots sliced
- ½ red bell pepper
- 2 cups of cabbage
- ¼ cup of fresh parsley or cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste or 1tbs of vegeta
- 1 lemon
- Place turkey in a large pot with water, bring to boil and simmer for about 45 min until you see the meat coming of the bones.
- Chop celery, onion, garlic carrots and bell pepper and saute in olive oil.
- Remove bones from broth.
- Add saute vegetables and let it simmer for 15 min
- Add sliced cabbage and chopped parley and let it cook for another 10 min or until all veg are done.
- Serve with a little lemon juice and enjoy!!
You could add ½ of cup of rice if you like just remember to add more water.
Serving size: 6 Calories: 133 Fat: 6g Saturated fat: 1g Unsaturated fat: 5g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 8g Sugar: 3g Sodium: 98mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 11g Cholesterol: 26mg