Black Bean Patties
Black Bean Patties - Combine beans and rice for a complete protein you will be getting all the essential nutrients your body need for good health.
Author: Healthy Nutritious
Recipe type: Vegetarian
Cuisine: Latin American
- 11/4 cup of cooked black beans
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- ¼ cup of water or (use the liquid from beans if cooking your own)
- 2 tbs of oil
- 1 tbs of feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place beans in blender and add water or beans juice. Blend until smooth
- Place beans in a frying pan and cook for 8 min at medium heat.
- Let them cold down
- Add rice to the beans and mix well make sure the mixture is like oatmeal cookie dough
- Shape the bean patties by hand or use a round cookie cutter.
- Heat 1 tbs of oil in a non stick pan and place patties over medium heat cook for about 5 minutes each side until it forms a crust
Serve on a bed of mixed greens and topped it up with fresh feta cheese, goat cheese or parmesan cheese.